What is a company profile?
In its simplest form, a company profile template contains a description of a business or company meant to inform customers, employees, and investors. The size of your company overview template may vary depending on what your company has to offer. This document includes all of the information about your company, its vision, services, mission, and more.
You can create a company profile sample using a template to facilitate the process. These templates which you can download online come formatted with shapes, columns, image placeholders, paragraphs, and other elements you need. Templates help you design a company profile example easier without spending so much time and effort on it.
What to include in your company profile template?
If you’re new to creating company profile templates, you might think it as an intimidating task. But using a company overview template allows you to confidently emphasize your company’s strengths. You can consider the document as your company’s resume.
Company profile examples come in many lengths and variations. Some companies that have not yet considerably expanded can have a profile that is 2-pages long. Other businesses, which have already won accolades can have a company profile sample as long as 30-pages.
Whatever the size, the bottom line is that having a company profile can give your business a better opportunity to shine. When creating your company or business profile template, include this information:
- Basic information about the company
The items to include here can vary depending upon the type of business you have. This means that not all may apply to your own company but if they do, you should include these:
Description of your business including the vision and mission
Descriptions of the products you offer
Descriptions of the services you offer
Your company’s history, growth, and expansion
Public relations and advertising
Information about the industry
Policies on health and safety
Details about the core team of your company
- Your company’s business information
Before beginning your company overview template, make sure that you have gathered the relevant details. Place these items at the beginning of your profile. They should be both accurate and updated:
The name of your company
The date when your company got established
The physical address of your company
Contact numbers and email address
Website URL, if applicable
- Notable achievements and accomplishments of your company
The next set of items may not yet apply to your company if you’re still starting out. But if your company has already been around for some time now, including notable accomplishments and achievements in your business profile template helps improve it:
Special projects or programs
Media or news recognition
- Optional information
The following items may appear in company profile samples that you download online. Their inclusion is up to you. If you believe they say a lot about your company, you may include them:
Number of employees
How do I write a company profile?
It doesn’t matter whether you own a small company or a big one. You should still create your company profile. But writing this document can be quite tricky. You have to present the appropriate information to attract your readers and to do this, you have to think about your audience. The following steps can help you create a compelling company profile:
- Establish the purpose of your company profile
Today, most businesses use their company profiles for various scenarios like for trade portfolios, investment plans, and websites.
- Determine the style of use
Now that you have established the kind of tone of your company profile, it’s time to determine how you plan to present the information. You may want to break it down to different parts or present it in the form of a timeline. But these are not the only options for presenting information. For instance, some companies these days opt to narrate their stories by using pictures.
- Tell your company’s story
One way to captivate your audience and make them pay attention to your company is to come up with a fascinating story. You can inject dates and figures in your story too if you think these will help.
- Share the history of your company
When narrating your company’s history to your reader, make sure that you follow a chronological order. Jumping from the present to the past and back again can confuse many of your readers. Let the story flow through a timeline as this makes more sense to your readers.
- Include your company’s mission statement
When you’re ready to write your company profile, you should already have a mission statement. If not, it’s time to write a great statement that concerns your business values, niche, and ethos. You should let your audience know what you have to offer and your plans for growing your business. Essentially, you’re making an appeal to your readers that they should choose you above other competitors.
- Include your company’s details
If you plan to use your business profile template offline, provide the reader with your address, contact details, and email address at the top of your profile. But if you plan to present your profile on a website or an online forum, you can provide your hyperlinked contact information at the bottom.
- Include some testimonials
Any positive testimonial is always a welcome addition to your brand. You can add this by asking your regular customers for feedback about your business. This is one thing that a lot of people look for when reading profiles of businesses.
- Add a Call to Action
One great way to add a finishing touch to your company’s profile is by ending it with a call to action. In this manner, you leave your reader with food for thought and a way they can find the answers to their questions.
- Maintain clarity throughout your company profile
This part deals with the form of your profile. Make sure that your profile is very clean and clear throughout its entirety. This includes the use of the same fonts and font sizes for the headers and body text. Avoid using overpowering or irrelevant visuals or funky colors. Stick to a consistent formula, one that is in-line with the rest of your brand.
- Proofread it
Make sure that your company profile gets proofread to ensure that it contains no mistakes. Remember that this document is one of the most significant pieces of writing that has a direct link to your company. You might miss some errors, especially when you are looking at the same text for a long time. It’s recommended to get extra help to read the text until hopefully, it is completely error-free.
Some tips to make your company profile shine
Good company profile writers have a strategy that they carefully develop. This involves mapping out the information to highlight in your profile. They also know how to present unique offerings of the business in a brief but attractive manner. You can create a great first impression on your potential customers with a company profile template that truly shines. Here are some pointers to consider to make your document stand out.
- A company profile should include basic information such as the company name, the physical address, contact details, a website URL, and the date you established your business.
- Always focus on your company’s high-level overview.
- Provide a timeline of your company’s story including information about future plans for growth or expansion.
- Any recognitions or awards earned by your company since it started. Highlight the things that make your company stand out from other competitors.
- Aim to express your company’s missions or values rather than just the products or services that you offer. Keep in mind that customers won’t feel interested in your products until they start trusting your brand.
- Provide statistics and figures to help validate your claims.
- You may include visuals, videos or graphics in your company profile too. But this depends on your audience. For instance, if your audience is the younger generation, such inclusions make sense. But if your audience is the older generation, you may want to stick with more traditional presentations.
In the final analysis, your company profile matters most. It can be very intriguing to make a new customer check out your product or services in a more detailed manner then convince other potential customers to choose your business over your competitors.
Here’s what else you can expect from our legal and business services,
We can help you to:
- Organize and structure all departments of your business;
- Be more efficient by smoothing business processes;
- Guide your team tasks with standard operating procedures;
- Save a lot of time and boost your productivity;
- Save thousands of money in lawyer fees;
- Grow your business and close great deals; and
- On matters: Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration and Court Litigation.
It’s time to bring your business to another level. Start to optimize and streamline your business today. Get all the professional-grade business templates you need to plan, start, organize, manage, finance, and grow your business; one click away in the below links!
For our ONLINE legal/business services, please follow this instruction:
- click the following website link, www.raynessanalytica.com.
- once on the website’s homepage, an ONLINE brown chat box will appear at the right bottom end of screen;
- click on the chat tab, insert NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER; and
- proceed when ready, letting us know the issue(s) and eliciting HELP from our lawyers and business experts.
P.S. Sometimes all that’s needed is a form, document or tip that can solve problems or issues that repeat in your life or business. To save you from unnecessary legal costs by hiring lawyer(s), here are customizable smart templates/forms that you can use as often as you need; flexible enough to allow for changes without leaving you exposed. Click the following link, FREE CUSTOMISABLE LEGAL TEMPLATES to search for the desired template, download it and embark on your great legal adventure – and don’t forget to bring the bug spray. For each template, we have numerous different customizable documents.
Go to the “Order Now” page and make a request.
We look forward to addressing your concerns and earning your trust and confidence in us!