If you are really budget conscious or are keen to make things on your own, then you may want to make your own envelope. Actually, it is pretty easy to make envelopes. If you want to know more about making envelopes, keep reading this article.
What is an Envelope?
An envelope is the oldest and most commonly used packaging item which is normally made up of a very thin material. It is required to keep in light and compact stuff such as a card, letter, money or papers. If we compare the envelopes we find today with those which were in circulation in the earlier days, we will be able to see a considerable difference between them. In fact, they were in a clay sphere form in the past. They were molded and were only used for transactions. The first country to invent paper envelopes was China. After people got to know about them, they kept it to store money and later, they were used to distribute monetary gifts to government officials.
Now that the paper envelopes have established their worth in ideal packaging for various things throughout the years, the need for envelopes cannot be ignored. Used for various purposes and utilized for transporting letter proposals, brochure printing pieces, postcard print items, keeping money, sending birthday or wedding invitation cards and much more, envelopes have graduated to having many types. Depending upon the usage, they are designed in multiple ways. You can opt for the envelope which suits you best. Some common uses of envelopes include the following:
- Envelopes are used to convey a confidential message with a seal on them to ensure no one else reads them.
- Envelopes may be required to send birthday, wedding or graduation invitations or greetings.
- Envelopes are also used to send formal letters.
- Envelopes can also contain bills inside them.
- It can also have rebate forms.
- Business envelopes which are longer in length and can contain corporate documents.
- Large envelopes may also be used to store resumes or other important documents.
- Envelopes can also be used to keep breakable contents, in the form of a padded envelope.
Different Types of Envelope Templates
To understand which types of envelopes will suit your needs and your preferences, you should familiarize yourself with the different types of envelope templates below.
The A2-sized envelope is perhaps the most common envelope size for cards. If you are making an envelope for your cards, then opt for this size as they are a perfect fit for them. If you want to make this A2 envelope, then you should consider a 4 3/8” x 5 3/4” envelope dimension.
Another common type of envelope is the A6 envelope size. It is mostly used for sending wedding and party invitations as well as for sending greetings. Also, you can print a receipt name with it. These envelopes are used by many people. You can properly make this envelope if you use a 4 3/4″ x 6 1/2” envelope dimension.
An A7 envelope size is also another different type which is used for cards having 5” x 7” dimensions including invitations for birthdays, weddings and many other events. If you want to send greeting cards for Christmas, then this size is great too as it can perfectly fit in a A7 envelope template. Use paper having dimensions of 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4” to make this size.
From holding greeting cards to your business’ formal and corporate letters, an A8 envelope is the perfect size for all. If you want to make this envelope on your own, then keep a 5 1/4” x 7 3/4” dimension in mind.
If you want to opt for an envelope for homemade cards, then go for A9 envelope. A 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” paper is a great envelope dimension to make this size.
An A10-sized envelope is very big and is used to hold items having a greater surface area. This envelope is used to secure breakable items. It has pads inside it to keep the item secured. Try out a 5 3/4” x 9 1/4” sized paper to make this envelope.
How to Make Envelopes?
If you want to know how to make envelopes, then one of the easiest ways is to use Microsoft Office Word. You can make envelope templates on word very easily by following the steps below in Microsoft Office Word 2007;
- The first step is to open Microsoft Office Word 2007 and click on the Mailings tab.
- The next step is to click on the Envelopes, which is the first option from the left.
- In the Envelope section, you will have to go to the Options tab below and click on the Envelope size box. Click on the size that matches your envelope. In case you do not find the size you are looking for, you can click on Custom size and type the dimensions of the envelope by entering the height and width.
- Afterwards, click on the Printing Options tab and let Word know how you would want the envelope to be printed; whether you want the envelope to face downwards or upwards or if you want it to come out from the right, left or middle of the printer.
- After making sure of the settings, you can then click OK and get your envelope in your hand.
If you want to secure cards, money, papers or other important documents, you should always keep them safely in an envelope. No matter what type and how big an envelope you want to store your items in, you can download envelope templates from our main website and save time when making it.
Here’s what else you can expect from our legal and business services,
We can help you to:
- Organize and structure all departments of your business;
- Be more efficient by smoothing business processes;
- Guide your team tasks with standard operating procedures;
- Save a lot of time and boost your productivity;
- Save thousands of money in lawyer fees;
- Grow your business and close great deals; and
- On matters: Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration and Court Litigation.
It’s time to bring your business to another level. Start to optimize and streamline your business today. Get all the professional-grade business templates you need to plan, start, organize, manage, finance, and grow your business; one click away in the below links!
FREE DOWNLOADABLE ARTS AND MEDIA TEMPLATES
For our ONLINE legal/business services, please follow this instruction:
- click the following website link, www.raynessanalytica.com.
- once on the website’s homepage, an ONLINE brown chat box will appear at the right bottom end of screen;
- click on the chat tab, insert NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER; and
- proceed when ready, letting us know the issue(s) and eliciting HELP from our lawyers and business experts.
P.S. Sometimes all that’s needed is a form, document or tip that can solve problems or issues that repeat in your life or business. To save you from unnecessary legal costs by hiring lawyer(s), here are customizable smart templates/forms that you can use as often as you need; flexible enough to allow for changes without leaving you exposed. Click the following link, FREE CUSTOMISABLE LEGAL TEMPLATES to search for the desired template, download it and embark on your great legal adventure – and don’t forget to bring the bug spray. For each template, we have numerous different customizable documents.
Go to the “Order Now” page and make a request.
We look forward to addressing your concerns and earning your trust and confidence in us!